Attorney Specializing in Criminal Law
Ronald Reel is one of the most experienced trial counsels in the Tidewater area.
Ron has handled complex criminal cases, including not only innumerable traffic cases (DUI, license charges, reckless driving, speeding), but also serious felonies (more than forty murder cases alone) and even death penalty cases. Some of his trial cases have led to Virginia Supreme Court decisions that have set new precedents in Virginia criminal law.
Highlighted experience includes:
- Ron has taught at Virginia law seminars as well as a national school for trial attorneys.
- Ron knows the local Tidewater courts, and has practiced in Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Norfolk, Suffolk, Newport News, and Virginia Beach.
- At the federal level, Ron was a Special Assistant United States Attorney in the U.S. Department of Justice in Norfolk, VA.
Ron’s current private law practice focuses on all aspects of criminal defense. Ron brings his extensive history with victims and the criminal law system to add perspective to the difficult times faced by persons charged with crimes who are defendants before the often frightening and bewildering criminal justice system, representing them as they often find themselves filled with anxiety as they face trial and the possibility of incarceration and the loss of their freedom.
With empathy as a strong point, Ron will stand beside you and make sure you come out of difficult times with the strongest legal representation.
– Eastern District of Virginia and Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships:
– Virginia Beach Bar Association
– Virginia State Bar