Lee Devendorf – A Leading DUI Attorney & Retired US Naval Lieutenant Commander
A retired US Naval Lieutenant Commander, Lee Earl Devendorf is a well-known Criminal Defense Attorney serving the citizens of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Newport News, Hampton, and Suffolk.
Former Member of the Policy Board Virginia Alcohol Safety Action Program (VASAP), Lee Devendorf is in the courtroom presenting trials and legal arguments before hundreds of people almost every day. This is what Lee Devendorf loves to do and he does it well.
When Lee isn’t before a judge on a case, he is a public speaker at local safety events and a consultant to other attorneys on DUI law and trial strategy.
- 2005- Present: Defense Attorney
- 2002-2005: The Virginia Beach DUI Prosecutor
- 1999-2002: Virginia Beach Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney
- 1994: Retired Lieutenant Commander United States Navy
- University of Richmond, Jurist Doctorate in LAW
- Naval War College, Masters of Art in National Security Strategic Planning
- Naval Postgraduate School, Masters of Science in Meteorology and Oceanography
- State University of New York, Bachelors of Science in Meteorology
CURRENT MEMBER OF FOLLOWING ORGANIZATIONS:
- Virginia State Bar
- The American Legion
- Fraternal Order of Police
When DUI Attorney Lee Devendorf is not busy protecting the rights of citizens in Hampton Roads, his hobbies include boating, hiking, gardening, and restoring 12 acres of oyster beds in the Lynnhaven Bay.
“The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail, its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter, the rain may enter — but the King of England cannot enter; all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!”
William Pitt the elder quotes (British Statesman 1st Earl of Chatham, Viscount Pitt of Burton-Pynsent , byname The Great Commoner, 1708-1778)